Yala Peak Climbing within beautiful Langtang valley, located on Central Himalaya the closest adventure destination from Kathmandu valley of 32 k.m. aerial distances towards Langtang Himal and its massive range of peaks which includes stunning Yala Peak, one of the least technical peak, where all types of interested trekkers and adventurer can climb with full support of Remarkable Treks expert guides. Yala Peak at 5,732 m / 18,806 ft high, the grade for climb as PD which means ‘Per Difficule’ walking on ice and glaciers with straight forward ascent of less technical effort, the grade taken from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification. Yala Peak climbing leads you to amazing adventure, where you will have enough time to immerse within traditional and cultural Tamang villages, a mountain tribe of similar Tibetan Buddhist religions and custom migrated past thousands of years and still retains its old heritage and culture as it was since past hundred of centuries ago. Beside its interesting culture, walks leads you into green deep alpine woodland of tall rhododendron conifer tree lines where rare and elusive Red Panda are found with many other mountain wild-life with variety of vegetations, in spring the country will be alive when wildflowers are in full bloom within the backdrop of tall giant snow capped peaks of Ganesh-Langtang and Jugal Himal.
Starting Yala Peak Climb, with an overland drive from Kathmandu to reach at Syabrubesi located on the bank of the Bhote Kosi River, one of the many famous rivers of Nepal for rafting. Our trekking route leads along Langtang Khola (River) upstream through Langtang village to reach at Langtang Valley and join in with friendly locals at Kyanjin Gomba at the height of 3,870 m. The whole Langtang areas dominated and influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. At Kyanjin a day hikes to Tserko Ri at above 5,000 m, one of highlights of the adventure which offers breathtaking views of Langtang and towards east Dorji Lakpa with some peaks of Tibet. Finally after much rest and acclimatization, walk leads further east towards Yala peak base camp to achieve our main goal and highlight of the trip, with an exciting and thrilling climb to the summit of Yala peak, rewards you with breath-taking panorama of mountains and its incredible landscapes. After an enjoyable and fascinating time around Langtang valley and climb of Yala peak, our amazing adventure concludes with a walk back to Syabrubesi for an exciting scenic drive to Kathmandu on completing magnificent adventure Yala Peak Climbing.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing with trek and climb to Yala Peak around Langtang Himal.
In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century. The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Shiva ParvatiMaru Ganesh, MahShiva-ParvatiTemple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. After a pleasant time a short drive leads you at mystical and awesome Boudhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal with four pairs of eyes, representing the all-seeing eyes of Lord Buddha, observe people from all religions going around the stupa and spinning the prayer wheels, after an interesting tour back to hotel for refreshment and trip preparations for Yala Peak Climbing around Langtang valley.
Drive to Syabrubesi 1,550 m / 5,085 ft (145 km) -07 hrs journeys.
An early morning overland journey to Syabrubesi, the drive leads on winding uphill and downhill road, past many town and farm villages on route Trisuli Bazaar, around sub-tropical zone and then drive climbs uphill reaching cooler areas on leaving rice paddy fields and terraces behind for maize and millet terraced, the weather changes with the culture and as well change of people, on reaching Dhunche at 1,965 m high, major town of Langtang area and headquarter of Rasuwa district. Where Langtang National Park starts, from here, our journey continues further downhill for few hours to Syabrubesi village for the overnight stop.
Trek to Lama Hotel 2,470 m / 8,103 ft - 06 hrs.
Starting our first day trek from Syabrubesi on a pleasant trail up to the bridge, and then with climb for a while but the rest of the walk is gradual on the winding trail through the terraced farm fields and villages, as the trail descends and joins the path coming from upper Syabru at the Riverside Lodge near the place of Bamboo, after a short break continues walk on gradual uphill through nice serene alpine forest to reach at Lama Hotel near upper Trisuli River.
Trek to Langtang 3,430 m / 11,253 ft - 06 hrs.
From Lama Hotel with pleasant overnight morning walk leads to Ghoretabela for lunch stop amidst lovely forest of pines, hemlocks and rhododendron from here onwards you can feel the altitude as well. After a nice break, continue walk on the trail to Langtang and its beautiful valley, walk for an hour within cool shade of alpine woodland, after a small stream leaving the tree line behind the path leads uphill for an hour, then walk gets better on gradual trail with few ups and down to Langtang village for overnight stop.
Trek to Kyanjin Gomba 3,870 m / 12,696 ft -05 hrs.
From Langtang village walk leads on a nice gradual path for an hour and then on uphill trail for few hours following “mani-prayer wall” where walking clockwise direction a positive way in respect to the Buddhist religion, walk leads further east as the valley opens up with views of snow capped peaks. After few hours of gentle walk with views brings you at Kyanjin Gompa a charming and scenic spot with beautiful views of Langtang Lirung of above 7,000m and its icefall at close distance Kyanjin Gompa, surrounded by a ridge formed by glacial moraine of rocks and boulders.
At Kyanjin Gompa explore and hike around scenic hills.
At Kyanjin free day visit the small Cheese factory or walk up to Tsego-Ri, Kyngin Ri at above 4,700 m / 15,420ft which will add more heights to the adventure offers stunning panorama of snow capped mountains with range of central Himalaya peaks, includes Ghengu Liru (Langtang II 6,571m / 21,560ft), Langtang Lirung (7,425m / 23,765ft) Kimshun (6,745m / 22,137ft) and Shalbachum(6,918m / 22, 699ft) to the south, the Chimsedang Lekh forms a ridge of peaks which includes Naya-Kanga 5,846m and Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak. Beyond it extends to the Jugal Himal, terminating in Dorje Lakpa (6,980m / 22,929ft). To the east the upper meadows of the Langtang end in a massive mountain wall, forming the frontier with Tibet.
Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp 4,400 m / 14,435 ft - 06 hours.
After Kyanjin Gompa, heading towards our main highlight and adventure towards Yala Peak base camp leading at the end of beautiful and scenic Langtang valley, walking on rocks and glacier with steep climb over icy path to reach available and reasonable flat spot to set our base camp at 4,400m. Basecamp provides views of Ganchenpo, Naya Kang, Tserko Ri, Yala peak and others peaks till Yala base camp is reached for the first camp of this trip after being in the comfort of a lodge, base camp with a marvelous view of high massif surrounding mountains.
Trek & Climb to Yala Peak summit above 5,732 m / 18,806 ft.
Our Big Day! Of the adventure starting early morning towards Yala Peak summit, the climb leads to less technical difficulties, but takes nearly eight hours to reach the top ridge the summit top and back to base camp. A strenuous tough climb leads you on the summit top at 5,732 meters / 18,806 feet high, from the top enjoy the view of the super sweeping panorama of mountains and then descend safely to base camp, after an exciting and enjoyable climb on top Yala peak.
Return to Kyanjin Gompa -05 hrs.
Leaving Yala Peak base camp, walk back to Kyanjin Gompa following icy path steeply descends offering marvelous views of massif Himalaya, enjoying views of mountains and gently ascend to reach Kyanjin Gompa for the overnight stop.
Trek to Lama Hotel 1,550 m / 5,058 ft - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Kyanjin, retrace the journey back on same route to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.
Trek to Syabrubesi - 05 hrs.
Trek today follows the same route on a downhill walk to reach back at Syabrubesi, and then after a crossing, a bridge walk is pleasant into farm areas and terraces to reach at Syabrubesi with last overnight around Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal.
Drive to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
With last day on the hills of Langtang Himal, morning an exciting scenic drive back to Kathmandu, after an awesome time around Langtang valley with climb of Yala Peak, and then check into your respective hotels with afternoon free at leisure and join in for farewell group dinner in a nice restaurant around Thamel area.
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Yala Peak Climbing around beautiful Langtang valley with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Langtang Conservation Area Entry permit, Yala Peak Climbing, permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of central Himalayan peaks.
- Exploring Tamang villages of immense Buddhist culture and traditional way of life.
- Walking into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Panorama of Langtang-Ganesh and Jugal Himal with Annapurna and Manaslu peaks.
- Adventure on beautiful Langtang valley with a classic climb on top of stunning Yala peak.
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.