Tsum valley trek an exceptional and special destinations around Far Mid West Himalaya of Nepal within pristine country where few trekkers and adventure often or seldom explored the last Himalayan Shangri-la at Tsum a valley of Happiness as translated from local and Tibetan language as “Beyul Kyimolung” means “Valley of Happiness”, where you can witness in-depth simple and tough life of the mountain people living in harmony with its undisturbed and unspoiled environment of dramatic landscapes and high hills in the shade of giant snow capped mountains of Manaslu, Shingri and Ganesh Himal. Certainly a destination of a lifetime experience where you can enjoy its complete wilderness in the shade of high Manaslu and Ganesh Himal towards east and west with Shigri Himal towards further north, as the walk leads you to remote north of Nepal around isolated areas within Gorkha district, as the trail falls within ancient trade route to Tibet border as well beyond Mu Gompa around barren and picturesque windswept country.
The area of Tsum Valley Trek still a virgin, if you are bored with mainstream trekking routes, this will be your perfect Himalayan destination away from the busy and mass flow of trekkers and into isolated villages within high mountain-scapes exploring its undisturbed areas with old monasteries of the immense interesting culture of Buddhism religion. Starting Tsum Valley with a scenic and exciting drive towards Dhading and Gorkha districts from Kathmandu and then walk begins from the low warm areas of Buri-Gandaki River as the trail follows the river upstream on the main route of Manaslu trekking for few days, and then our trek leads away from the river and Manaslu trail entering a forgotten and remote Tsum Valley. Around Tsum Valley with wonderful moments soaking in local traditional culture and custom with tremendous views of high snow capped peaks, as our journey comes to an end leaving the hidden Tsum valley heading towards Soti-Khola and Arughat back into low warm areas for exciting overland drive to Kathmandu in completing a memorable and remarkable adventure on Tsum Valley Trekking with great guidance and high services of Remarkable Adventure.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, afternoon return back to the hotel for Tsum Valley Trekking.
Drive to Soti-Khola 730 m via Arughat 600m - 07 hrs journeys.
Tsum Valley Trekking starting with an exciting long drive on Nepal’s main highway to Dhading Besi a large town headquarters of Dhading district, after Dhading heading to enter another district of Gorkha at Arughat town located by the River Buri-Gandaki, drive continues on rough road following Buri-Gandaki upstream from Arughat bazaar to reach at Soti-Khola for overnight stop in the comfort of local lodge and sound of raging river. Arughat town and Soti Khola an active village of lower Gorkha district with many shops and stores, where villagers of surrounding Gorkha and Dhading areas visits for shopping local commodities.
Trek to Machha-Khola 930m - 06 hrs.
From this village, starting our walk following Buri Gandaki River upstream through many farm villages, crossing over Nuali khola with views of waterfalls and then cross a stream to Machha Khola for overnight stop. The village name as Machha Khola means “Fish stream”.
Trek to Jagat 1,410m - 06 hrs.
After a pleasant overnight at Macha-Khola, morning walk follows Buri-Gandaki River upstream, to reach Khorla Beshi a small farm village from here on winding path to reach at Tatopani village with “Hot Spring,” an opportunity for hot bathe as time allows. After a nice rest walk carries on passing Dovan and Yaruphant villages to reach at Jagat for overnight stops, Jagat a moderate size farm villages with shops and stores.
Trek to Lakuwa 2,2400m - 05 hrs.
From Jagat, morning walk leads to higher areas passing scattered farm villages with short climb and downhill to cross over a bridge to reach at Nagjet and Philim, a large village with spread-out farm houses. After Philim walk through farm terraces of golden fields of wheat’s and barley, then a climb on rocky ridge top into bamboo forest area to our overnight stop at Lakuwa on leaving the main trail of Manaslu trekking route.
Trek to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hours.
After Lakuwa village and leaving the Burigandkai River for a week, our walk heads towards Tsum valley into the valley of happiness, as our route enters narrow gorge then with short descend and uphill climb into rhododendron and pine tree forest walking past small farm villages then climbing above Lungwa Khola to reach at Chumling village for first overnight in Tsum Valley
Trek to Chokhan-paro 3,010 m - 05 hours.
From here altitude slowly gains with the mountain views of Ganesh Himal peaks, as the villages and landscapes look similar to Tibetan windswept plateau. Morning walks with downhill to cross a bridge over Smatiking Khola, with views of Ganesh Himal also known as Yangra at 7,422 m high, walk slowly leads at Chokhan-paro village for overnight stop.
Trek to Nele 3,361m after a visiting Milarepa cave - 07 h
After Chokan-paro heading closer at upper Tsum area to Nele (Ne-lay) starting with a climb onto open valley and windswept country with few small trees that survives around this arid terrain. Walk continues uphill with views of Ganesh and Manaslu Himal, after a pleasant walk reach at Nele on the way with visit to an old cave of 11th Centaury Saint Milarepa famous and popular among Buddhist as poet, singer, tantric guru his folk-tales and songs are still remembered by Tibetans and Buddhist alike.
Trek to Mu Gompa 3,700 m - 04 hours.
Morning walk starts on reaching the highest point at Mu Gompa and main destination of this adventure, as the walk continues to climb on high arid terrain offering views of high peaks on the way to Mu Gompa for overnight stop.
Rest day at Mu Gompa to explore the local village and monastery.
Rest with free day at Mu Gompa to visit villages and interesting old Mu Gompa with ancient antique scrolls, statue and relics this is one of the most important monastery of Tsum and Manaslu area.
Trek to Rachen Gompa 3,240 m - 05 hours.
After an interesting and wonderful time at Mu Gompa return journey visiting another impressive monastery of Rachen Gompa, walk leads on a nice path with few short climbs and downhill passing few small villages of cattle herders to reach at Rachen Gompa for an overnight stop, afternoon visit Rachel monastery.
Trek back to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hours.
Today our last day at Tsum valley, as the morning walk leads to a long descend to Chumling village passing farm areas and then back into tree lines, after a long downhill walk of 6 hours reaching at Chumling village for last overnight stop around Tsum.
Trek to Philim 1,590 m - 07 hrs.
From Chumling village, morning walk downhill following river downstream with views of waterfalls then reaching villages of Samba, Tingding Chhupyang till our walk ends at Philim village for overnight stop. This is a nice farm village with school supported by Japanese (as Mt. Manaslu was first climbed by Japanese so this area is a favorite among Japanese)
Trek to Tatopani 1, 240 m - 06 hours.
From here onwards on warmer area with paddy fields, after a breakfast walk leads to Tatopani following Buri Gandaki River through several small villages of Nagjet, Sidibas Bazaar and Jagat. Walk further descends at Yaruphant, then to lower area with dramatic change in vegetation, finally ending six hours walk to our overnight stop at Tatopani a small farm village with hot spring as Tatopani in Nepali means ‘hot water’, afternoon enjoy the hot springs and relax. The local believes that the spring water have a natural power to cure various disease and wounds.
Trek to Soti Khola 730 m - 06 hours.
After a nice time at Tatopani and hot spring, morning walk leads to Soti Khola walking along the Budhi Gandaki River downstream, after hours of good walk reaching Gurung village of Labubesi, from here walk further through terraced fields and waterfalls to reach our last overnight stop at Soti-khola.
Drive back to Kathmandu via Arughat - 07 hrs.
With an enjoyable overnight at Soti-Khola village, our last day on the mid hills of Mid West Himalaya morning taking a vehicle for long interesting overland ride to Kathmandu following Budhi Gandaki River downstream heading towards Arughat which is the last village of Gorkha area. From drive continues to Kathmandu passing through Dhading then on the good road most of the way to reach at Kathmandu, after a fascinating trip Tsum -The Valley of Happiness trekking.
In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of delay on trek due to bad weather and with the nature of trekking on Tsum Valley, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Tsum Valley Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Conservation Area Entry permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- Tsum within the valley of happiness with amazing views of magnificent landscapes and mountains.
- Walk in between high Manaslu and massive bulk of Ganesh Himal mountain range.
- On least traveled country around pristine and undisturbed areas of Tsum valley.
- Visiting Gurung-Magar and high Tsum villages of immense Buddhist culture and custom.
- Enchanting lovely alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- From warm low areas of Gorkha towards the cooler country and to the arctic zone of the mountainous zone.
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.