Mera Peak Climb a marvelous and fascinating adventure, as the walk leads through number of hamlets within thick forest of silver fir, birch, pine and rhododendron around summer pasture, and then towards Zatrwa Og Pass, where you can enjoy impressive view of the valleys, the Dudh Kosi, Lumding Himal. Walk leads you into enchanting rhododendron forest on west side of Hinku Valley to reach 200 year-old Lungsumgba Gompa as the route leads on lateral moraine of Dig Glacier to reach at Dig Kharka, which offers spectacular view of Charpate Himal, and as the continues with a climb through moraines reaching at the snout of Hinku Nup and Shar Glaciers, and then climb uphill on a steep trekking trail. The climb of Mera Peak, will be undertaken after much acclimatization and practice with use of climbing gears ice axe, climbing boots and crampons, harness, ascender, as well as how to use ropes to go up and down. Our expert guide will also train you on to cross glaciers and crevasses of Mera Peak. Although the climbing route is less technical where the route is steep, and from the summit of grand views of mighty Himalayas, of Mt. Everest (8,848m), Cho-Oyu (8,210m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), Nuptse (7,855m), Chamlang (7,319m), Baruntse (7,129m) and others. After a successful climb of Mera Peak,
After a successful climb of Mera Peak climb, walk follows an uphill trail with breathtaking view of Cho Oyu, Kongde Peak, Numbur Himal, Kusum Khangru and other Himalayan peaks. Mera Peak Climbing, a fascinating and superb adventure where it includes all the highlights in one single package all you need is your determination, positive attitude and sound health to join in our grand adventure, where Remarkable Trek will do the rest to make your dream turn into reality. Mera Peak towers above at an altitude of above 6,461 m / 21, 1907 ft high, the climbing grade PD taken from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing System which is used worldwide on this type of climb, as the grade which means climb of ‘Per Difficule’, walking on moraine and glacier with less technical difficulty a straight forward climb to its summit top, where much patience and strenuous climb. After much preparation and practice ascent to the summit with the support of our expert guide and then on top rewards you with exceptional panorama of high snow capped mountains and beautiful valley of Khumbu, feeling in high spirit head back towards on the main trekking trail to Lukla for super scenic flight back to Kathmandu where our fantastic adventure Mera Peak Climbing concludes.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m / 4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing including trek and climb of Mera Peak.
In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century .The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap”Maru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jaganath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Baghmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Baghmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Bouddhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. Rest of the day free preparation for Mera Peak Climb and with an early departure from the hotel for scenic short flight to Lukla and onward.
Fly to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft trek to Chutanga 3,430 m - 04 hrs.
Early morning depart from the hotel transfer towards Kathmandu domestic airport for the flight to Lukla, which is the starting point of the trek. This flight of 35 minutes, offers breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks, then finally landing at Lukla airport known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. From Lukla starting our first-day walk heading past several Sherpa farm villages with grand views of snow capped peaks and rolling hills, to reach at Chutanga for overnight stop within lush forest of alpine tree lines around summer pasture fields beneath Kalo Himal and Naulekh Ridge.
Trek to Thuli-Kharka 4,300 m - 06 hrs.
After Chutanga, adventure continues with morning climb crossing over Kalo Himal Ridge of Nau-Lekh mountain range, separating Khumbu and Hinku Valley and towards west of Makalu region. Trek over first pass with steep climb to reach a ridge festooned with Buddhist prayer flags at the height of 4,450meters, the pass called Zatrwa Og, from here walk over boulder slope, then around a corner and climb again to Zatrwa-La at 4,600meters, with stunning views of Dudh Kosi river valley and peaks of Karyolung and Lumding Himal, an hour downhill to Tuli-Kharka for overnight stop.
Trek to Mousum-Kharka 3,430m - 04 hrs.
From Tuli-Kharka, a short morning walk with downhill and excellent view of Peak 43 and Kusum Kanguru peaks, reaching a scenic Hinku valley, with South Face views of Mera Peak and back into rhododendron and pine forest, with gradual walk through forest to reach a summer pasture at Mosum-Kharka for overnight stop.
Trek to Kote 4,182 m - 04 hrs.
After Mousum-Kharka, today a short morning walk following north on leaving forested area with a pleasant walk to reach a wide open valley with pasture land, as the trek continues to a small bridge to reach Gondishung near Kote, this place with small wooden huts and shelters of stone wall enclosures, Gondishung with an interesting 200 year old small Gompa (monastery / shrine), from here a short walk brings you to our overnight stop at Kote with afternoon free to relax and short hike around this beautiful pastureland.
Trek to Tangnag 4,360m - 05 hrs.
With a pleasant stop at Kote another short day walk which helps you with acclimatization and can enjoy the surrounding beautiful views on the leisure walk towards our overnight stop at Tangnag with few tea-houses serving as simple lodge for travelers, this is also a temporary settlement and a Yak grazing pastures.
Rest day at Tangnag for acclimatization.
At this altitude at above 4,360 meters high, necessary rest day for acclimatization, before heading higher altitude and for the climb of Mera Peak, today a short hike to get the best views of Peak 43 at 6,769 m with Mera Peak.
Trek to Khare 5,000m- 05 hrs.
From Tagnag with nice rest day, starting with moderate walk with scenery that surrounds this Hinku valley, walk follows on moderate path over moraine dam of Charpatti Tal (lake), leading to a high area, lined with cairns with glacial lake, climbing for short while as the path leads downhill to a large pasture land at Dig Kharka, walking for an hour across boulder strewn hillside to reach Khare for set overnight camp.
Trek to Mera Base Camp 5, 300m/17,384 ft - 04 hrs.
Today, journey leads to our main destination to Mera peak, as the walk leads over Mera Glacier, heading straight on ice sections for short while, then gentle descent reaching at Mera Base Camp for the overnight camp, with time for relaxation and preparation for Mera peak climb.
Rest day at Mera Base Camp for better acclimatization and practice.
To make our climb a huge success we have allowed another rest day at base camp, so that one can acclimatize and prepare for Mera Peak with safe and sound climb, afternoon our guide will check the route of the climb and make necessary arrangement for the climb.
Trek and climb to High camp 5,780 m / 18,958 ft - 04 hrs.
After a day at Mera base camp, walk further up to set High Camp to make approachable to the summit of Mera peak, normally climbers make it from the base camp to Mera peak, but it is always safe and best adding more camp before the summit bid. Morning leaving Mera base camp, trek heads across Mera La to reach Mera High Camp, after few hours of hard walk on high altitude with few stops in between reaching at Mera High Camp, for last camp before the climb, afternoon our expert guide will scout area of the route of climb and fix ropes where necessary, rest of the day preparation for Mera Peak climb this high camp offers outstanding view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, Chamlang and Baruntse peaks.
Climb Mera Peak summit at 6,461 m / 21, 1907 ft - 08 hrs.
Our final and Grand Day of the adventure, starting early morning before dawn for the summit, route leads with steep climb; after a hard strenuous climb without less technical difficulty reaching at top summit of Mera peak, feeling on top of the world at this extreme height with view of panorama that surrounds this top with Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho- Oyu all the way in the eastern horizon Mt. Kanchenjunga including series of other snow capped peaks, after a hard climb, descend with care to base camp.
Trek to Tangnag 4,360m - 05 hrs.
After a grand moment and experience of a life time adventure, return back to Lukla a pleasant trek leads back at Tangnag for overnight stop.
Trek to Thuli -Kharka 4,200 m- 06 hrs.
From Tangnag morning walk leads back into tree lines of blue Himalayan pines and rhododendrons, passing grazing areas with gentle climb with views of Mera Peak and other high mountains, at Thuli– Kharka for ovenight before the climb over a pass crossing Naulekh ridges before Lukla and Chutange.
Trek to Chutanga 3,430 m - 05 hrs.
Morning our walk head towards a steep climb at Zatwar-la pass with grand views over Dudh Kosi River and Numbur Himal, after a brief stop on top of the pass a steep descend brings you at Chutange for last overnight stop just before Lukla.
Trek to Lukla - 04 hrs.
After an exciting and fantastic Mera Peak climbing, our last day walk of this adventure leads on the same trail with short walk back into lovely woodlands and then reaching at Lukla on good time for overnight stop where you can celebrate the victory and success of the climb among fellow staff-guides and members.
Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Early morning depart from Lukla for Kathmandu, a short and scenic sweeping flight brings you at Kathmandu airport and then transfer to your hotel with free afternoon for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of flight delay from Lukla to Kathmandu, which might occur sometimes, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Mera Peak Climbing and great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- All meals including drinks (Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate etc.) for during the Camping.
- Professional Climbing Guide and Camping Equipment (Camping Tents, Climbing Ropes, Ice Crew, Ice Hammer, Snow Bar etc.).
- Snacks for during the climbing.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Accommodation in a tented camp (during climbing)
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Makalu Barun National Park Entrance and Mera Peak Permit Fees and TIMS for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Climbing Gears (The followings can be hired)
- 1 Pair plastic shell mountaineering boots with high altitude liners.
- 1 Pair of crampons (steel, no aluminum).
- 1 Alpine climbing harness.
- 1 Mountaineering axe with leash (sized properly for your height).
- 1 Ascender (right or left handed as appropriate).
- 1 Belay device (Black Diamond ATC or ATC Guide are good options).
- 2 D-Shaped locking carabiners.
- 2 Non-locking carabiners.
- 1 Pair expedition style gaiters (ensure fit over your boots).
- Neck gaiter.
- Ski goggles (optional).
- Climbing helmet (optional).
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu. You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different?
Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up. We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world highest peaks.
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture.
- Walking into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees
Visit of old Buddhist monasteries of great interest of immense culture.
- Adventure in the heart of world’s number one Mt.
- Everest base camp trek and climb on top stunning Mera peak with breath taking panorama.
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.