Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/remarkableadvent/public_html/wp-content/themes/remarkable/single.php on line 25
Makalu Base Camp Trek: On landing on the city of temples and monasteries visiting UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including old palace known as Durbar Square, and then fly to Tumlingtar towards Far East Nepal Himalaya, where a local drive involves to reach our trekking point at hill village in Num located on a high ridge with commanding views of surrounding beautiful landscapes and of Mt. Makalu. Num village, where our trek begins and ends, starting our Makalu Base Camp Trek leading past picturesque villages and lush mountain forests along a ridge line, then enter beautiful Barun valley within Makalu Barun National Park. Trek to Makalu Base Camp takes us towards steep ascent through forests and terraced farms, offering breathtaking views of high Himalayan panorama and also takes us into cool shade of lush alpine woodland with climb uphill to reach on top of a ridge at Khongma Danda. From here, heading towards Makalu Base Camp Trek as the walk progress with various interesting scenic features. During trek view of several peaks includes Chamlang (7321m), Peak VI (6,524m) and Peak VII (6,758m), includes rare East Face of Mt. Everest known as Khangsung face with Mt. Lhotse. The trek leads higher towards moraine and glacier to reach at Makalu Base Camp offering grand panorama of mountains and close to Baruntse peaks which surrounds you with world 5
During Makalu Base Camp Trek, view of several peaks includes Chamlang (7321m), Peak VI (6,524m) and Peak VII (6,758m), includes rare East Face of Mt. Everest known as Khangsung face with Mt. Lhotse. The trek leads higher towards moraine and glacier to reach at Makalu Base Camp offering grand panorama of mountains and close to Baruntse peaks which surrounds you with world 5th highest Mt. Makalu which towers above 8,463 m and 27, 766 ft high, truly a great rocky pyramid shaped mountain climb of great technical effort and difficulty. This wonderful adventure to Makalu Base Camp involves Shipton La (pass) and the Keke La two main passes to encounter the walk leads to Sherpa villages full of interesting Buddhist culture. After a marvelous walk into hidden areas of Makalu and Barun valley on the least trekked areas then we retrace our walk back to Num for exciting and scenic drive to warm Tumlingtar town, where we will take a panoramic sweeping flight to Kathmandu on completing a spectacular and marvelous Makalu Base Camp Trekking.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/remarkableadvent/public_html/wp-content/themes/remarkable/single.php on line 148
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Makalu Conservation Area entrance permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu–Tumlintar- Kathmandu including airport departure tax.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages,internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging ListFor your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip. For Head:
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Ams InfoRemarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments. Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Trip NoteNobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip. WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS? Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up. We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal. For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world 5th highest peaks.
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture.
- Walking into the serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees.
- Visit of remote and isolate hill village of immense old heritage and way of life.
- Adventure in the heart of world’s number five Mt. Makalu base camp.
- Scenic base camp and on the highest point within giant peaks and amazing views.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/remarkableadvent/public_html/wp-content/themes/remarkable/single.php on line 372
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.