Langtang and Helambu Trekking, a pleasant scenic country walks which leads you to North East rolling green hills from Kathmandu valley rim, a wonderful trekking with amazing views of Langtang-Jugal Himal range as far to Ganesh and Manaslu range of mountains towards western horizon with stunning sunrise from Chisapani hill. Langtang and Helambu Trekking starts with a short drive from your hotel in Kathmandu towards North East at beautiful Sundarijal a place with wonderful streams and waterfalls, heading high with a climb uphill through rural farm villages of Tamang tribe a hill people as the walk progress entering into enchanting and lovely alpine forest filled with tall rhododendron-oaks-pines-magnolia and fir tree lines, in spring the whole hills will ablaze with wild flowers in full bloom. Walk leads to scenic Chisapani ridge offering stunning sunrise views over chain of Central Himalayan peaks and then walk gradual enters where Langtang and Helambu areas splits from high Thadepati at 3,650 m, the highest point of the trek, and then entering into Helambu area home of Hyalmo tribe of people closely related to Sherpa and Tamang with similar Buddhist religion and culture.
One of the few populated tribe of Nepal Himalaya the Hyalmo people also spelled as Yalmo also, around Helambu at Tarkeghyang village the hub of Helambu region, enjoy the walk around its nice village with intricate wood carving and explore the monastery of great interest. After a fabulous moment around Helambu areas, walks leads lower towards warmer region at Melemchi Pul and its bazaar after a walk downhill from Semathang with an interesting scenic drive back to Kathmandu after concluding a marvelous Langtang & Helambu Trekking.
Arrival in Kathmandu 1,300 m /4,264 ft and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by a representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel, our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
In Kathmandu with a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” BouddhanathMaru Ganesh, Mahadev Temple, Shiva-Parvati Temple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswati Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Boudhanath, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
After a pleasant time, a short drive leads you at mystical and awesome Boudhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal with four pairs of eyes, representing the all-seeing eyes of Lord Buddha, observe people from all religions going around the stupa and spinning the prayer wheels.
An hour drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani 2,300 m / 7, 544 ft -04 hrs.
Starting our fabulous Helambu area trek with morning drive towards east of Kathmandu valley rim, reaching at Sundarijal situated 15 k.m. away from Kathmandu city, from Sundarijal our route leads to uphill climb through farm villages, cascade of waterfalls and reaching at an entrance of Shivapuri National Park, from here through patch of forest and scattered farm field villages to reach at Chisopani located on a ridge north of Kathmandu valley rim high hills, where air is cooler at a height of 2,300 meters with grand views of snowcapped peak ranges from Annapurna-Manaslu-Ganesh Himal, Lang tang Himal extend towards Jugal Himal range including views of Kathmandu valley, this spot offers stunning sunrise and sunset views as well.
Trek to Kutumsang 2,446 m / 8,022 ft - 06 hrs.
Early morning catching stunning sunrise views over chain of peaks, our walk leads downhill to a nice village of Pati-Bhanjyang, and then heading uphill towards Thodung danda and Gul-Bhanjyang to reach our overnight stop at Kutumsang village, a lovely farm village with grand views of rolling green hills, valley and snow clad mountains.
Trek to Thadepati 3,650 m / 11,972 ft -05 hrs.
From Kutumsang morning walk leads to a gradual climb into pristine woodland of tall pines-fir-magnolia and rhododendron tree reaching a wide open green field after crossing a hill top of Kyuola Bhanjyang at 3,280 m and slowly a short climb leads atop Thadepati at 3,650 m high with many simple lodges for overnight stay, offering tremendous views of beautiful landscapes and snow-capped peaks.
Trek to Tarkeghyang 2,560 m / 8,397 ft -06 hrs.
Morning walk leads to a steep descend into forested area to reach a farm village of Melamchegaon, and then downhill to Melamche Khola / river, on crossing a bridge uphill to Tarkeghyang village with views of Ganesh, Langtang and Jugal Himal range. Tarkeghyang one of the most attractive village around Central and Mid East Himalaya, famous for wood-work and intricate carving with orchard of delicious apples are grown around this beautiful area of Helambu. Hyalmo tribes are the main inhabitants with strong Buddhist religion similar to Sherpa and Tamang culture. At Tarkeghyang village for overnight stop in the comfort of nice homely lodge, with time for walk around oldest monastery of the area full of impressive Buddhist culture.
Trek to Sermathang 2,610 m / 8,563 ft -04 hrs.
Enjoying overnight stop at Tarkeghyang village with its friendly locals of Hyalmo tribes, our last day walk leads on pleasant path around unspoiled forested areas, with views of beautiful Helambu villages, walk continues passing chhorten a prayer Buddhist monuments, following the trail with superb views of rolling green hills reaching at Shermathang village for overnight stop, Sermathang another nice village of Hyalmo tribes with time to visit the old monastery.
Trek to Malemchi Pul Bazaar -04 hrs with 3 hrs drive to Kathmandu.
With last day on the hills of Jugal Himal around Helambu area, walk leads to pleasant downhill walk past many farm village to Malemchi Bazaar a busy town a low and warmer areas, after a short rest board on a vehicle for the drive back to Kathmandu, after an awesome time on Langtang & Helambu trekking, after checking into respective hotels with afternoon free at leisure and join in for farewell group dinner in a nice restaurant around Thamel area.
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Langtang & Helambu Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Langtang Conservation Area Entry permit and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Nobody knows or cares about the safety of your group better than our trekking guides because they know how to cope with the unexpected situations that occasionally arise in the high altitudes of the Himalaya. In these situations, it is vital that trekkers are flexible and listen to the guides’ directions. The trip that you are on may be affected by weather, politics, or even wildlife. Whatever the factor may be, it is possible you may have some changes in your itinerary, as the seasoned guides of Remarkable Adventure Trek decide the safest option for you. If changes must be made to your trip, our guides will work hard to stick to your original itinerary as much as possible until the change becomes unavoidable. However, Remarkable Adventure Trek will not be responsible for an outcome, resulting from bad weather, wildlife, or political situation before, during, or post trip.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Trek Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organizations of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to certain organizations so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- A pleasant and scenic country walks to Langtang area and around Helambu route trekking.
- Views of high snow clad mountains on daily walks with dramatic landscapes scenery.
- Visiting Tamang and Hyalmo tribe villages of immense Buddhist culture and custom.
- Enchanting lovely alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-firs-pines and fir trees.
- Walk with views of Langtang and Jugal Himal range within Central Himalaya Mountains.
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.