Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking a remarkable adventure where you can have the best of lower and higher Everest region which includes both Solu and Khumbu district, an opportunity to observe the low farmland to higher terrains villages of the Highlanders of Everest the famous Sherpa tribes, whose life are interwoven with Buddhism exploring its interesting cultural areas and famous monasteries on route Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking. Remarkable Adventure Trek presents Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking, for interested travelers and adventure where our expert guides will show you the wonders of Solu-Khumbu within Everest areas it’s interesting colorful culture traditions and religions including flora / fauna providing with immense information of the history of Everest, as you will be walking and following the early footsteps of legendary mountaineers Tenzing and Hillary the first men to step on top of world highest Mt. Everest at 8,848 m / 29,028 ft high summit. Starting with an exciting long drive from Kathmandu towards east to reach famous Jiri town known as Switzerland of Nepal with green valley surrounded by alpine woodlands and high snow-clad peaks, from Jiri our journey continues on a rough dirt road with ups and down past several rural farm villages to Bhandar.
From Bhandar our classic walk starts visiting several lovely Sherpa villages of Kenja-Sete and Junbesi as the journey continues crossing few smaller passes of Lamjura and Tak Shindo to reach higher areas of Everest at Khumbu. An interesting contrast from quiet least frequented path to busy mainstream trails, as fresh trekkers pours from Lukla after taking a flight from Kathmandu near Phakding, our route leads into famous colorful Namche Bazaar and then to scenic Tengboche monastery surrounded with arrays of peaks including Mt. Everest and magnificent Amadablam peak. On leaving the tree lines for windswept and barren high country to reach at Everest Base Camp after walking past nice villages of Pangboche-Dingboche and Lobuche, finally, our walk leads in the heart of Everest at base camp with views of glaciers and ice falls encircled by giant mountains. Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking concludes with the walk back to Namche after a glorious moment on top of Kalapathar with close views of Everest, from Namche heading to a small airstrip at Lukla for scenic and sweeping flight to Kathmandu where this marvelous adventure Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking completes.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m /4,264 ft) and transfer to hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by representative of Remarkable Adventure Trek and then transfer you to your hotel around Thamel areas in the hub of the Kathmandu city. At the hotel our guide and staff will provide information on dos and don’ts brief you with your programs on sightseeing and trekking.
In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
After breakfast, leave the hotel for a sightseeing tour around famous historical places of Kathmandu guided by Remarkable Adventure Trek City guide. Morning visit of following places starting with Kathmandu Durbar Square a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nepal, where most of the buildings that you see dated from 15th to 18th Century.The major Interesting things to see here are “Kumari (The Living Goddess) Gar” “Kastha Mandap” Shiva ParvatiMaru Ganesh, MahShiva-ParvatiTemple, Bhagwati Temple, Old Palace, Saraswoti Temple, Krishna Octangular Temple, Big Drums, Kal Bhairav, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Temple. Tour of Pashupatinath Temple, one of the main temples of the Hindu listed as world heritage site, situated on the bank of Bagmati River. Only Hindus are allowed inside the main temple premises, while others can view from the bank of Bagmati River, observe pilgrims and devotees worshipping and praying the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Tour of Bouddhanath, one of the holiest Buddhist sites of Nepal and has four pairs of eyes. Each represents eyes of Lord Buddha. Observe people from all religions going around this stupa and spinning prayer wheels. On reaching at the hotel with rest of the day free preparations for the classic trek from Jiri to Everest base camp.
Drive to Bhandar 2, 200m / 7,217ft -08 hrs.
A long day overland drive starting early morning from Kathmandu to Jiri unto Bhandar via Shivalaya village, this interesting scenic drive passing through interesting towns and villages through Himalayan foothills, through towns of Dhulikhel, Charikot and then to Jiri after few good stops drive continues on the winding dirt road to Shivalaya village a fair size village with number of lodges for travelers and then heading further east to Bhandar for overnight stop.
Trek to Sete 2,575 m / 8,448 ft -06 hrs.
Morning a downhill walk into forest and farm terraces and passing several farm villages to reach at Kenja village at 1,634m, Kenja a nice moderate size village, situated in a warm valley just beneath the high hills of Lamjura and Pikey danda, offering views of Numbur peaks. After Kenja, a steep uphill climb all the way to overnight stop at Sete village from here onwards the temperature gets cooler.
Trek to Junbesi 2,670 m / 8,759 ft - 06 hrs.
Starting walk with cool morning heading towards Lamjura-la pass with a slow steep climb into dense forest of rhododendron, pines and oaks trees then through many small farmlands and hamlets, after few hours of steady uphill walk reaching at the top of Lamjura pass with a big stupa and lodges, from here a long descend through forest of firs and rhododendron trees all the way to Sherpa village at Toktok, from here continue walk on the gradual winding path to Junbesi, from the ridge looking at Junbesi way below, then with a final descend to Junbesi, a nice large village inhabited mostly by Sherpa people, this village with a nice interesting monastery and a high school sponsored by Sir Edmund Hillary Trust.
Trek to Nunthala 2,220 m / 7,283 ft-06 hrs.
After a wonderful time at Junbesi, morning walk leads on the winding smooth path with first glimpse of Mt. Everest with other snow capped mountains, after a break here head down to the river, after crossing the bridge with short climb to Ringmo village, stop here for lunch as time permits after leaving Ringmo, an hour of gradual slow climb into forest of pines and rhododendron trees then reaching at Trakshindu pass at 3,070m marked with mani and chortens with grand views of Numbur, Kusum Kangguru, Thamersarkhu and Kantega peaks. From here long downhill to Nunthala through Takshindo village with an old monastery, continue descend into forest reaching a farmland on the outskirt of the village, on reaching bottom of Takshindo hill a short walk to Nuntahla also known as Manidingma, a large village of Rai tribe and Sherpa community.
Trek to Bupsa 2,360 m / 7, 742 ft -06 hrs.
Air gets much cooler as the walk gets close to Khumbu area after Solu region, morning starts with an downhill through forest area to a bridge over Dudh Kosi River, from here cross the raging Dudh Kosi River, then on the winding uphill trail to Jubing village, area around with warm climate. After Jubing an uphill walk to Kharikhola 2,200m, a large village with Sherpa and Magar inhabitants, after a break here towards next hill, after crossing Kharikhola, then a steep climb for an hour to our overnight stop at Bupsa a small village, located on a ridge overlooking fabulous views of rolling hills and valleys.
Trek to Surke 2,290 m / 7, 513 ft -06 hrs.
From Bupsa a slow and steady walk into Khumbu area where air gets cooler from here onwards, morning walk starts with an uphill climb through mixed alpine forest. Walk continues climbing over Kharte Dande pass at 3,880m high above the Dudh Kosi River to reach Puiyan village at 2,800m, a nice place in the middle of a forest. From Puiyan after lunch on winding trail with view of Lukla town and its airstrip, from the ridge top, our route descend to Surkhe village for overnight stop.
Trek to Phakding2,610 m / 8,562 ft-03 hrs.
Morning on pleasant undulating trail close to Lukla, at Choplung village where trail from Lukla and Jiri joins, from here walk to Phakding for overnight stop, trek passes several villages and farm lands with great scenery of hills and valleys then finally reaching at Phakding village by the Dudh Kosi (river).
Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441 m / 11,190 ft -05 hrs.
Morning walk leads to cross a suspension bridge with views of Mt. Thamserku (6,618 m) and walk through small settlements of Benkar, Chumoa, and Monjo, and then enter Sagarmatha National Park to reach at Jorsale the last village before Namche, as walk progress at the confluence of Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi Rivers, after a pleasant walk heading uphill with first sight of Mt. Everest, slowly walk finally ends at Namche Bazaar, which is the largest Sherpa village of Khumbu and Everest area.
At Namche rest day for acclimatization and optional hike.
Free day at Namche for acclimatization at this high altitude where you can adjust with the environment, being active moving up and down within periphery of Namche Bazaar, where you can take a short hike to Everest View Hotel which offer view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kongde, etc. Namche is an important big village and a town of Everest and Khumbu region with great facilities of government offices, ATMs, internet cafes, shops, restaurants, and a colorful Saturday market.
Trek to Tengboche 3,860 m / 12,664 ft - 05 hrs.
After breakfast, we start our morning walk facing superb view of mountains with Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Amadablam, the path leads at Kayangjuma, Sanasa, Phunki Thenga, from here into beautiful forest with uphill climb to Tengboche, at Tengboche with scenic surrounding of mountains, visit of Tengboche monastery. Inside the monastery witness ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Sakyamuni Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. This monastery opens at 3:00 p.m. if we reach there by 3 p.m. with time to visit and observe the Buddhist religious ceremony. This monastery is also famous for Mani Rimdu Festival in mid-October or mid- November; its date is fixed according to the Tibetan calendar which is colorful.
Trek to Dingboche 4,350m -06 hrs.
With pleasant morning catching views of Everest head off to Debuche to cross a bridge over Imja Khola, walk leads through Mani (prayer) stones with views of Amadablam, and then trek further to reach at Dingboche with fantastic view of Northern Face of Amadablam. Dingboche located at scenic Imjatse wide valley with views of Lhotse-Nuptse with Island Peak also known as Imjatse peak.
Trek to Lobuche 4,910m - 05 hrs.
After a hearty breakfast, walk follows to a higher ridge and then on gradual trail reaching at Thugla often spelled as Dughla, where massive Khumbu melts into a raging icy river. From Thugla with rest heading steep up to a lateral moraine and stone memorials and which heads off to Lobuche that has number of nice lodges, on the walk close-up view of Lobuche Peaks, Khumbutse, Lingtren, Pumori within Mahalnagar Himal range.
Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,365 m / 17,748 ft via Gorakshep 5,145m -06 hrs.
The trail from Lobuche to Gorak Shep leads further to reach over moraine of Khumbu Glacier, as the walk passes through glass pyramid sign post, with north ridge views of Everest, including Mt. Pumori, Mt. Mahalangur, Mt. Lingtern, Mt. Khumbutse, Mt. Nuptse and then reaching at Gorak Shep, which was the original base camp of Everest in early days till 1970’s. After short rest stop walk leads further east on moraine above Khumbu glacier to reach at Everest Base Camp. Here enjoy the views of notorious Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers with adjoin high peaks, in peak climbing expedition season this spot will be flooded with camping tents of all colors. After a great time achieving the highlight and the goal of the adventure return back to Gorakshep for overnight stop this will be the highest stop at 5,145 m high.
Hike up to Kalapathar 5,545m/ 18, 225 ft and trek to Pheriche 4,200m - 06 hrs.
Morning a steep climb up to Kalapathar for great views of surrounding high peaks where you can witness Everest at close distance, this will be the highest spot of the adventure at 5,545 m high. After catching the beautiful panorama of mountains descend back to Gorakshep and walk to Thugla where Dingboche and Pheriche trail joins. From Thugla downhill and then on a wide windy valley with gradual walk to Pheriche for overnight stop, Pheriche with a number of nice lodges where HRA (Himalayan Rescue Association) post is located.
Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,441m / 11289 ft -07 hrs.
After breakfast, head off from Periche to Orsho and to Pangboche where our return route leads back to Namche Bazaar this will be a long day walk as you enter back into tree lines of rhododendron-oaks-pines and birch forest a steep climb brings you at Tengboche Monastery, after a short rest downhill to Phunki Tenga and then with short climb to Lobesa and Sanasa, from here on gradual winding trail to Namche Bazaar after a great scenic walk of the day.
Trek to Lukla 2,840 m / 9,317 ft - 06 hrs.
Morning after breakfast a long descend to Dudh Kosi River and then walk into Sagarmatha National Park exit point to reach Monjo village and then over a long bridge to Phakding, a gradual winding trail leads past Ghat to Choplung village with last and final climb of 40 minutes to reach at Lukla for last overnight stop around Khumbu and Everest region. Evening celebrates dinner party with crews and members after concluding a memorable and remarkable adventure Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Early morning depart from Lukla for Kathmandu, a short and scenic sweeping flight brings you at Kathmandu airport and then transfer to your hotel with free afternoon for individual activities and souvenirs shopping.
In Kathmandu free day with an optional sightseeing tour.
Remarkable Adventure Trek reserves this day as contingency day in case of flight delay from Lukla to Kathmandu, which might occur sometimes, as Himalayan weather pattern can be unpredictable with unfavorable heavy cloudy days, if all goes well as per the itinerary you can enjoy as free day for individual activities and shopping souvenirs or book for another interesting sight-seeing tour around Kathmandu-Patan and Bhaktapur.
International departure for homeward bound.
Your last day in amazing Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, as per your flight time transfer for your international flight with fond memory and excellent time on Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking with great service of Remarkable Adventure.
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging List
For your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around at Thamel or in Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip.
- Sun hat or scarf.
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
For Upper Body:
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on a group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
On Personal Hygiene:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
Extra Luxuries as optional:
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Remarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments.
Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced of air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleeps.
- Dizziness or light-headed.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Rapid pulse (heart rate).
- Shortness of breath with exertion.
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Polyacrylamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Beside our advice please consol with your doctor.
While climbing higher elevation:
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks).
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude).
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Note: In case of emergency, you will be immediately airlifted by Helicopter to Kathmandu.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu.
You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different?
Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up.
We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- Adventure from an old classic route to Everest Base Camp with best of Solu and Khumbu regions.
- Amazing views on daily walks in the shade of world highest peaks and pristine forest.
- Exploring Solu and high Khumbu Sherpa villages of interesting Buddhist culture.
- Walking from alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees to arctic landscapes.
- Visiting old Buddhist monasteries of great interest and ancient heritage traditions.
- In the heart of Mt. Everest at base camp with notorious Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers.
- Scenic Kalapathar on the highest point encircled by giant peaks with close views of Mt. Everest.
What To Expect
Trishuli River Rafting means rafting in the course of the river that flows through valleys and hills and that showcases different species of flora. It also means enjoying the splash of white water that gives excitement. The Trishuli River is the only river that lies close to Kathmandu. Its rapids have names such as Snails […]
- Tourist Attraction: Sightseeing and scenic flights.
- Trip Duration: 1 Day
- Max Altitute:
- Activity Level: Easy
Bungy Jumping and Tandem Swing is one of the popular activities that the tourists love to do when they are in Nepal. Located 160 m over the wild Bhote Kosi River, bungy jumping destination is just 3 hr drive from Kathmandu and has been designed by one of New Zealand’s leading bungee consultants and is […]
- Tourist Attraction: Scenic drive and exciting adventures.
- Trip Duration: 1 Day
- Max Altitute:
- Activity Level:
Everest Mountain Flight is an alternative to all the treks of Nepal because it shows all the mighty mountains of the Himalayas within 1 hr. It starts from Kathmandu and is cheaper than any treks of Nepal. A small airplane with a single seated window passes between the mountains, bringing them closer to the windows […]
- Tourist Attraction: Exciting Mount Everest flight.
- Trip Duration: 1 Day
- Max Altitute: 5555 m
- Activity Level:
Biking around Kathmandu Valley: The Katmandu valley offers the best mountain biking in the world because it’s blessed with beautiful mountains. It has gotten a very unique and adventurous biking spot to ride with different levels. During the biking, you will be able to showcase stunning panoramic views of the snowcapped mountains ranges with amazing Nepalese traditional culture.цена рекламаimagesprostoboss.comsport leсковорода […]
- Tourist Attraction: Sightseeing tour-exciting biking.
- Trip Duration: 1 Day
- Max Altitute:
- Activity Level: