Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/remarkableadvent/public_html/wp-content/themes/remarkable/single.php on line 25
Cho-La Pass trek and Everest Base Camp Trekking with Remarkable Adventure Treks lead you to enjoy the both sides of beautiful Khumbu valley and high ridges, where this wonderful adventure ends on the roof of the world at Everest Base Camp at 5,365 m high surrounded by incredible world highest peaks including a massive Khumbu Ice Falls and glaciers. Truly an adventure of a lifetime experience where our lovely walks lead you at scenic and picturesque Gokyo Lakes in the midst of world’s 6th highest Mt. Cho-Oyu and Ghyachung Kang with other adjoining peaks that’s enclose this wonderful valley and the glacial lakes of Gokyo, where our adventure continues with a climb up to Gokyo-Ri for spectacular panorama of four world’s highest mountains from Mt. Everest-Lhotse-Makalu and Cho-you with array of peaks. Cho-La Pass & Everest Base Camp Trekking starts with sweeping scenic flight to land at Lukla town the door to many Everest trekking and other adventure, walk leads to follow Dudh Kosi a glacier fed river crossing over many exciting bridges into Sherpa farm villages of Phakding-Banker-Monjo and Jorsalle and then climbing high to reach at famous Namche Bazaar the capital of Khumbu areas where exciting and colorful bazaar is held every Saturday.
From Namche with acclimatization days and short hikes walk continues on the quiet trail to Gokyo through patch of woodland of tall rhododendron-pines-birch-firs and oak tree lines with ever present views of high snow capped peaks in the shade of Mt. Everest and Sherpa cultural villages of Tibetan Buddhist origin. After a great time at Gokyo crossing high Cho-la pass to Everest base camp, finally our fabulous adventure concludes with a long walk back to Lukla for scenic short flight to Kathmandu, after a mesmerizing and adventurous time in Cho-La Pass Trek with great wonderful services of Remarkable Adventure Trek and its friendly guides and porters.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/remarkableadvent/public_html/wp-content/themes/remarkable/single.php on line 148
Cost Information1. What's Includes
- Airport/Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- All your standard Meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) during the trek.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Remarkable Adventure Treks’ local licensed holder English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staffs.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Remarkable Adventure Trek (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla - Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Free Remarkable Adventure Trek duffel/kit bag (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu on the second day.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural show.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Items of a personal nature (personal trekking gear, beverages, internet, laundry, bottled water, etc).
- Tips for trekking staffs.
- Extra night accommodation (early arrival, late departures due to weathers, and any others reasons).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Date & Availability
Frequenty Asked Question's
Trip Equipment & Packaging ListFor your trip preparations Remarkable Adventure Trek provides you with related information and advice required for your adventure holiday trip in and around Nepal Himalaya and beyond, providing you with following equipment list for the trekking. If it’s too much to carry from your home country some of the necessary equipment can be hired or bought in Kathmandu around Thamel or at Pokhara as well. Most of the equipment is general and standard lists for all seasons while on the trek but may differ as per the season and duration of trekking and areas of your chosen trip. For Head:
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear.
- Sun Glasses and snow goggles with UV protection.
- Under Garments.
- Hiking shorts.
- Lightweight cotton long pants.
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms.
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants.
- Thin, lightweight inner socks.
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks.
- Hiking boots with spare laces.
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals).
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp.
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket.
- Down vest and/or jacket.
- Lightweight gloves.
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal).
- Sleeping bag rated to zero DC (4 seasons down sleeping bags).
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries.
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag.
- Daypack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches / 10-15 liters / kgs capacity).
- Trekking Poles (optional).
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag.
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc).
- Ear Plug (who know some people on the group are snoring) as optional.
- 1 medium sized quick-drying towel.
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable).
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable).
- Nail clippers.
- Face and body moisturizer.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Small mirror.
- Wet wipes (baby wipes).
- Tissue /toilet roll.
- Anti-bacterial hands wash.
- Reading book.
- Trail Map/Guidebook.
- Journal & Pen.
- Pen and small notebooks.
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble.
Ams InfoRemarkable Adventure Trek operates and runs all high altitude treks and climbs with the support of our expert and veteran guides who has been in these profession for more than two decades, all our guide have undergone with much training and attending workshop on related fields every year like Medical Course with enough knowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and proper use of Gamma Bag or Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) pressure bags when required on emergency purpose on high AMS symptoms and to work on minor medical problem treatments. Causes of Altitude Mountain Sickness:
- Altitude mountain sickness is caused by reduced air pressure with lower oxygen levels at high altitude.
- The faster you climb to a high elevation, more likely you will get altitude or acute mountain sickness (AMS).
- Difficulty in sleep.
- Dizziness or light-headed
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rapid pulse (heart rate)
- Shortness of breath with exertion
- Altitude mountain sickness is easier to treat in the early stage.
- The main treatment for all forms of mountain sickness is to go down (descend) towards lower altitude as fast you can with the support of our guide and staff.
- Extra oxygen should be given, if available.
- People with severe altitude mountain sickness should be admitted to a hospital or evacuated by any means of transportation the fastest is by Helicopter.
- Remarkable Adventure Trek suggests you Acetazolamide (Diamox) because this medicine helps you to feel better if you are trekking in high altitude areas.
- It also helps you to reduce mild symptoms. This medicine works best when you take it before you start gaining much higher altitude. Besides our advice please console with your doctor.
- Drink plenty of fluids (water-plain black tea-lemon-tea or nutritional value drinks)
- Avoid alcohol
- Eat a lot of garlic’s (this is local way fighting altitude)
- You should avoid high altitudes if you have heart or lung disease.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla: The best and shortest way to reach Everest area is by air to Lukla. This 30 minutes fight offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks. Sometimes, due to bad weather in the mountains, these small aircraft cannot land or take off. In such situation, we will attempt taking a flight the next day depending upon availability and weather condition. If a second flight is not available, Remarkable Adventure Trek will arrange a chartered helicopter which has better visibility in inclement weather. The cost of charter helicopter range from US$500 to US$3,400 depending on the number of interested and willing passengers, clients are fully responsible for this extra fare which will be paid to Remarkable Adventure Trek head office as soon you land in Kathmandu. You will be given a receipt to use and to submit to your travel insurance company back home to claim for some refund.
What Makes This Trip Different? Remarkable Adventure Trek works for social causes with some non-profit organization of Nepal, concerned with environment conservation and preservation includes street children who need better education and good normal life. We help and support for the cause with some of our profits to a certain organization so that we can make street children with sound and better life when they grow up. We believe that education and healthy children make more stable and better future of Nepal.
For donation, Sponsorship, and Volunteering, please contact to [email protected]
- Amazing views on daily walks of high snow capped peaks in the shade of Mt. Everest.
- Exploring traditional Sherpa farm villages of immense Buddhist culture with ancient heritage.
- Walk into serene woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks trees within Sagarmatha National Park.
- Visit of old Buddhist monasteries of great interest at scenic Tengboche with awesome mountain panorama.
- Adventure in the heart of world’s number one Mt. Everest base camp via high and scenic Cho-la pass.
- Scenic Gokyo Lake and to Everest base camp with high Kalapathar offering incredible views of Mt. Everest.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/remarkableadvent/public_html/wp-content/themes/remarkable/single.php on line 372
What To Expect
Related Trips updating soon !!.